Thursday, August 27, 2009


AMERICAN POLITICS:
STOP BANK FORECLOSURES:
There just might be something to the overused word "synchronicity". Just as I was about half way through the latest Time Magazine's four page on the Goldman Sach's company I look at the email and low and behold here it is. The following is a story and appeal from the American Rights at Work coalition. The appeal is a very personal one.
APAPAPAPAPAPAP
I'm afraid, anybody would be:‏
It's hard to say it. I'm afraid.

It hasn't always been this way. The day my husband and I bought our home was the happiest of my life. Even when my husband left me and my two sons eight years ago I wasn't scared. I simply worked harder and longer hours to pay the bills.

We made it work. Now Luis is 10 and Moises is 8, and they've grown up into little men in the same house for all these years.

But for the first time since the boys were born, I'm scared for all of us. The bank is threatening to sell our home, and even though we qualify for a loan modification which could solve everything, the bank just won't negotiate. It's terrifying. It shouldn't be this way. I need your help.

You can do something – something I can't do on my own. You can send a message to the people who manage my loan at Litton of Goldman Sachs, and you can tell them not to take my family's home away from us. Under president Obama's "Making Home Affordable" plan, my mortgage qualifies for a modification. All Litton of Goldman Sachs has to do is keep up their end of the president's plan – something they've already agreed to do but aren't doing – and whenever possible, modify loans to prevent foreclosing. Please click here if you can.

I want to make sure you know that I am someone who pays my bills. For eight years, I worked at the same job to pay the bills. Even with no child support coming in, I paid the bills. Then last year, the economy crashed and my hours were cut so much, I had to take another job. It wasn't enough, and I missed a payment on my mortgage. Just one payment.

Suddenly, Litton of Goldman Sachs raised my interest rates. It took me a little over a month to find another full-time job. My new job actually paid a little more than the one I had before, and I was hopeful. But the payment I missed was added to the next month's bill Litton of Goldman Sachs, which was $500 higher than it was before. The next month was even higher. After five months, I received notice of foreclosure.

That's when I turned to ACORN. ACORN has been working with families struggling to keep their homes through the foreclosure crisis. They told me about President Obama's "Making Home Affordable" plan, and they said that almost every firm in the country had signed on to the plan. Eventually, even Litton of Goldman Sachs – my bank – signed on to the plan. Under President Obama's plan, my loan is eligible for a modification which would allow my family to stay in the house and resume making payments at a reasonable rate.

But the bad news is that Litton of Goldman Sachs refuses to keep their word – and they refuse to modify my loan, even though it is eligible. When you help me and my family today, you will also help other families who are in my same situation.

Please, take just one minute to tell Litton of Goldman Sachs to put a moratorium on home foreclosures and to negotiate a loan modification with me before my sons are forced out of the only home they've ever known.

I can't thank you enough.
Sincerely,
Maria Morales
Proud Mother of Luis and Moises
APAPAPAPAPAPAP
THE LETTER:
Please go to THIS LINK to send the following letter to management at Goldman Sachs.
APAPAPAPAPAPAP
I'm encouraged that Litton of Goldman Sachs has signed on to President Obama's "Making Home Affordable" plan. But I'm disappointed to learn that you're not following through with the plan by stopping the foreclosure process when qualifying homeowners request loan modification. These homeowners -- like Maria Morales, a hardworking mother of two who may lose her home as soon as early September -- need your help. Don't sell Maria's home; negotiate a loan modification with her.

Homeowners like Maria Morales need you to do what you promised to do when you signed on to the plan. Start today by placing a moratorium on all home foreclosures until you fully assess your portfolio for modification-eligible loans.

Let's be clear -- these aren't people who are asking for a free ride. They want to pay their bills -- and they qualify for loan modification under President Obama's plan. But unless you halt the foreclosure process while you review their cases, many of these homeowners and their families will end up without a roof over their heads.

When Litton of Goldman Sachs signed the "Making Home Affordable" plan, you agreed not to foreclose on homeowners who request loan modification until you've had the chance to review their situation. So I'm writing now to ask that you keep your word and hold up your end of the plan -- sit down and negotiate with Maria Morales, and place a moratorium on all home foreclosures until you can asses the details and make modifications for other homeowners who are eligible, like Maria.

It's what you said you were going to do -- and it's the right thing to do.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,

No comments: