MONTREAL ANARCHIST BOOKFAIR UPDATE:
The Montreal Anarchist Bookfair, now in its 9th year, is the largest anarchist event in North America. Coming soon, on May 17 to 18 , it is the one anarchist event that you don't want to miss. The bookfair is part of a one month long 'Festival of Anarchy'. Here is the update of what's happening with the show so far...
[Second callout; Updates about posters and deadlines below; Please post and forward widely]
Montreal's 9th Anarchist Bookfair & Festival of Anarchy (MAY 2008) :::
The Montreal Anarchist Bookfair will take place on Saturday, May 17, 2008;the Bookfair will be followed by a full day of workshops on May 18. Reserve these dates!
The Montreal Anarchist Bookfair is for anarchists, allies, and those who are interested or curious about anarchism.
Welcome to all!
Bookfair Poster: http://www.anarchistbookfair.ca/en/node/51
MONTREAL'S 9th ANARCHIST BOOKFAIR Saturday, MAY 17, 10am to 6pmCEDA, 2515 rue Delisle(near the Lionel-Groulx metro)
The largest anarchist event in North America.--> Part of the month-long Festival of Anarchy (May 2008).--> Followed by a full day of Anarchist Presentations and Workshops (May 18,2008).--> Bring your kids! Kids activities and free childcare on-site. [The main space is wheelchair accessible. For more information or to inquire about other accessibility needs, see our accessibility policy --http://www.anarchistbookfair.ca/en/node/6 or contact the collective.]
DEADLINE REMINDERS* Reminder: Deadline for workshop and presentation proposals for the Bookfair(May 17) and the Day of Workshop and Presentations (May 18) is this coming MARCH 3, 2008! More info about workshop proposals below or at :http://www.anarchistbookfair.ca/en/node/9
For other proposals – art exhibits, films, festival of anarchy events, and to reserve a table at the bookfair, please get in touch BEFORE April 1st.
POSTER AND FLYERS ARE READY!* This year's Bookfair poster and flyer, designed by CX, are now ready fordistribution! You can view the Bookfair poster at:http://www.anarchistbookfair.ca/en/node/51
The Montreal Anarchist Bookfair is for anarchists, but also anyone interested or curious about anarchist ideas and practice; that means that the posters and flyers will be WIDELY distributed around Montreal, and WE NEED YOUR HELP! Indoor postering and flyering is starting NOW. If you are from the Montreal-area and can help with the distribution offlyers and posters, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 514-848-7583.
PHOTOS* Check out the PHOTOS from the 2006 edition of the Montreal AnarchistBookfair and Day of Workshops, to give you an idea of what the Bookfair weekend is all about: http://photos.cmaq.net/v/7thbookfair
More info below about:
*a) Workshops (deadline for proposals is March 3, 2008)
*b) Tabling at the bookfair (deadline April 1)
*c) Art Exhibits and Films (deadline April 1)
*d) Festival of Anarchy Events (deadline April 1)
*e) Volunteers, Supporters, Postering and Publicity
*f) Contact Information
The Montreal Anarchist Bookfair and Festival of Anarchy is the largest anarchist event in North America, and an important exchange of anarchist and anti-authoritarian ideas. The Bookfair is for anarchists and non-anarchists alike, in French and English (and other languages too), with participants from all of North America and beyond. Founded in May 2000, the Bookfair is now entering its ninth year. Anarchist Bookfair events include book and information tables, workshops, readings, films, presentations, walking tours and much more.
Once again, the Anarchist Bookfair will be followed - on Sunday, May 18 - by a full day dedicated to anarchist-themed workshops and presentations. As in the past, the "Festival of Anarchy" will take place in May, with diverse events organized by anarchist and anti-authoritarian groups.
* a) Workshop Proposals :::::* Proposals for the Day of Workshops (Sunday) should address ananarchist-themed topic in some depth, and should be intended for people who are already familiar with anarchism, or might identify as anarchists. The collective will accept between 10 to 15 workshops. Workshop proposals for the Bookfair day (Saturday) should be introductory workshops to anarchism, or an aspect of anarchism, and should be aimed at people who are curious about, or new to, anarchist ideas. These workshops should be accessible to non-anarchists. The collective will accept up to 6 introductory workshops. More detailed information about workshop proposals, including guidelines and previous workshops, is linked at: http://www.anarchistbookfair.ca/en/node/9 *--> The deadline for workshop proposals is MARCH 3, 2008
* b) Tabling at the Bookfair : The heart of the Bookfair is the main auditorium on May 17, 2008 (10am-6pm)which will include booksellers, distributors, independent presses and political groups from all over Montreal, Quebec and North America, and abroad. Please make sure to read our principles www.anarchistbookfair.ca/en/node/4 . Contact us at email@example.com to request table space. If you haven't tabled at the Bookfair before, please include a short description ofyour group and the material you intend to distribute at the Bookfair. The deadline to request a table is APRIL 1, 2008.
* c) Art Exhibits and Films :::::* The Montreal Anarchist Bookfair will again be displaying artwork relating to anarchism and anti-authoritarian, autonomous or anarchist-supported struggles. Please consider proposing an exhibit of photos, posters, original art, repros - anything within the parameters of the Bookfair that can be mounted on a wall or placed in a corner! The Montreal Anarchist Bookfair will also have a film room running all day,showing films related to anarchism or anarchist-supported struggles, that fall within the principles of the Anarchist Bookfair. --> The deadline for art exhibit and film proposals is APRIL 1, 2008.
*d) Festival of Anarchy Events :::::* In addition to the Bookfair and Day of Workshops, the entire month of May ispart of a Festival of Anarchy, with diverse anarchist-themed eventsoccurring at different venues in Montreal. The Bookfair collective compilesa Festival of Anarchy calendar, but we count on you to organize the actualFestival of Anarchy events. Get in touch to reserve a date for your event in May (calendar dates are "first come first served"). --> The deadline to submit Festival of Anarchy events, to be included in our public calendar, is APRIL 1, 2008.
* e) Volunteers, Supporters, Postering and Publicity --> If you would like to receive Bookfair publicity -- flyers or posters --by regular mail or electronic mail, to distribute in your community get in touch. Also, please specify whether you want publicity materials in English,French or both. --> If you are from the Montreal area, and would like to help with local postering and flyering efforts, please pass on your email and/or phone number and specify what areas you can poster. --> If you would like to support the Bookfair collective in general, with organizing tasks between now and the Bookfair, get in touch!
* f) Contact Information--> If you have other ideas for the Bookfair or Festival of Anarchy, don't hesitate to get in touch with a proposal!
Contact us to receive regular updates and announcements by e-mail. post: Montreal Anarchist Bookfairc/o QPIRG Concordia 1455 de Maisonneuve Ouest Montréal, Québec, H3G 1M8 CANADUH, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , phone: 514-435-2385, web: www.anarchistbookfair.ca
Nous parlons français.
Se habla español.