SATAN MACNUGGIT AUGUST NEWSLETTER:
Jonathan Culp, the human behind the Satan MacNuggit project has sent out his August newsletter. Here it is for all you videophiles in all its glory.
SATAN MACNUGGIT NEWS
1. SATAN ON FACEBOOK
2. GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH - TORONTO PREMIERE!
3. SATAN AT TRASH PALACE
* * * * *
1. SATAN IS ON FACEBOOK
Which, since Facebook IS Satan, is only appropriate. Satan Macnuggit Group:
Grilled Cheese Sandwich screening event page:
Wait...did he say...
* * * * *
2. GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH!!!
WITH JUST LIKE THE MOVIES, HOLZKOPF, MATIAS ROZENBERG AND THE SUICIDE PILOTS!
Thursday August 14
(movie @ 7:30, bands @ 9)
The Smiling Buddha
961 College at Dovercourt
Satan Macnuggit Popular Arts celebrates the Toronto premiere of Grilled Cheese Sandwich - a comedy about the revolution of everyday lunch - with an exciting evening of musical performances.
The hit of the 2007 Chicago Anarchist Film Festival, Grilled Cheese Sandwich( www.cheesemovie.com ) comes home after playing to enthusiastic audiences from Edmonton to Miami. Jonathan Culp's first feature shows what happens when a bunch of wayward youth in deadly suburban Grimsville take on Principal Middleman, the Moose Meat Ladies and Squirrely's Pizza with their revolutionary underground grilled cheese sandwich club. It's the next best thing to getting the hell out!
Blending DIY social satire with random severed limbs and bowel movements, you will not be bored. "Chock full of nutritional messages...and, of course, very cheesy" (Feminist Review)
After the movie, things keep rolling with an evening of musical performances.
- GCS co-star Chris Mills (Kids on TV) brings us a special performance of his casio-rap act Just Like the Movies, celebrating the release of both a live freestyle CD and "The Movies", a Super 8 rock video DVD;
- Matias Rozenberg - another GCS performer/composer, will contribute his own thrilling and tuneful songs in a solo set;
- in from the West, Edmonton's beat/noise master Holzkopf - yet another Cheese soundtrack contributor - will offer a helping of his nonpareil "aural battery";
- Ottawa's notorious Suicide Pilots - headline-grabbing nemeses of John Bairdand the RCMP - will bring their political punk rock to town for a rare appearance.
- Finally, DJ Machine (Marinko Jareb) will be providing his psychedelic video mixing accompaniment all night long.
Come for the cheese, stay for the tunes at the underground event of the summer! For info, interviews and previews, contact Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org
* * * * *
3. SATAN AT TRASH PALACE"TORONTO'S CLASSIEST CINEMA"
FRIDAY AUGUST 1 - EDUCATIONAL FILMS ALL NIGHT
Every week Trash Palace brings you psychotronic shorts before and after the feature - well this week the ungodly things have taken over! Watch the craziest stuff from the collections of Rob Cruickshank, Jonathan Culp and Greg Woods -all Trash Palace premieres!
*"At Your Fingertips: Boxes"
*"Read the Label and Live"
*"Linda's Film on Menstruation"
*"One Turkey, Two Turkey"
*"How to Conduct Yourself at School"
*"Meadowlark Lemon Presents the World"
*..and many, many more!
FRIDAY AUGUST 15 - HIGH-BALLIN'
Hot on the heels of our spectacularly successful collaboration on "Deadly Eyes",Satan returns to Trash Palace with another installment of the "Tax Shelter Excavation" series.
The latest pinnacle of Canadian cinema for you to enjoy is "High-Ballin'" - a Canadian trucker movie! Starring Peter Fonda and Jerry Reed - what more do you want? And for the snobs, that is definitely Canada in the background there. Directed by Peter Edwards, who also made the seminal "Rowdyman" and "Rituals",plus, well, "Highpoint".
HOW TRASH PALACE WORKS
Doors: 8:30 pm
Films: 9:30 pm
Tickets: In advance only (no walk-ins) at Tequila Bookworm (512 Queen West), $5 each. The theatre address is secret - the address is printed on the ticket!
(For TP rookies - we have sellouts, so we don't allow walk-ins - get your tickets in advance, we're a few minute walk from Tequila Bookworm, in the Kingand Bathurst area!)
As always, cold drinks, hot dogs, popped corn, candy, homemade chocolates by our in-house chocolatier, barbecue, t-shirts, dvds, lobby cards and more are all for sale!
See you there,
Jonathan Culp - Sorcerer's Apprentice
The Mouth - Snack Bar Manager
Oh and Trash Palace has a facebook group too: