Saturday, March 15, 2008


HOLIDAYS:
ST PATRICK'S DAY- TAKE ONE:
The most sacred day of the year, St. Patrick's Day, March 17th, is fast approaching. As usual Molly will be down at the Irish Club doing her bit to keep the distillers in business. I wonder if the Premier will stumble by again this year so I can once more button-hole him about making the 17th of March an official holiday. I figure if I keep trying...
Anyways there's a new online group here in Winnipeg devoted to the blessed day. See http://newwinnipeg.com/community/discussion/3129/st-patricks-day .
And to get you started, seeing as I have a jump on it this year, here's a recipe for Irish Coffee....
IRISH COFFEE
1 SHOT IRISH WHISKEY
1 TBSP SUGAR
6 OZ. COFFEE
WHIPPED CREAM FOR GARNISH
PRE-WARM A STEMMED GLASS. ADD THE WHISKEY. ADD THE SUGAR AND STIR IN THE COFFEE. FLOAT THE WHIPPED CREAM ON TOP. DO NOT STIR AFTER ADDING THE CREAM (OR FALL TO THE FLOOR AND SPILL IT ALL-MOLLY).
P.S..
For some inexplicable reason March has been designated as "Fight Liver Disease Month". This is something I hope you have the strength to ignore.

No comments: