Saturday, November 10, 2007


IWW:
AN INTERESTING OBSERVATION:
As part of her never-ending project of updating and expanding her links section Molly has recently added a number of new IWW links to her sidebar. These are mostly under the 'Anarcho-Syndicalist Links' section Yeah, I know all about the old argument, from more than 3 decades ago when I was an IWW member and even a delegate-present it if you want, but I think that this is the best place for IWW listings, until, of course, Molly creates a separate IWW section in her links. Things to do with this blog- item # 42.
Anyways, while doing this I noticed a certain anomaly. Despite the fact that the vast majority of the IWW's members are in the USA the IWW's web-presence is far thicker on the ground outside of the USA (Canada, Britain, Australia, Germany) than it is in America itself. I'm not saying this is bad or good. It's just an observation. Only one of the sites that I have on my links is a blog. All the others are actual websites. Molly would like to suggest that having a web-presence is a totally cost free and, if put up as a blog, relatively easy way to spread the word about your organization. Nowadays most people are at least somewhat computer savvy, and many depend upon the internet as their primary source of information. I think the American wobs are missing out on an opportunity here.

No comments: