Thursday, August 31, 2006

I still find it amazing that this blog that was intended as nothing but a personal diary of my reading has gotten response. Some people must hate me deeply-good! May I assure readers that most of the posts here will be very boring posts about scientific matters. Seeing as I am five chapters behind in the latest book I am reading, let alone the journal articles which have piled up I beg your indulgence in wasting your time further...
In regards to those who believe that they can appear to be intellectual by using the word "nascent"...I actually know the meaning of the word. But despite this I looked it up in a dictionary to confirm. It means "incipient" or "newly born". Of course this is exactly !!! the opposite meaning that I ascribed it to in a description of Wayne Price's EX-Trotskyism. The proper term in such a case would be "residual". It describes a habit of thought that has carried over into anarchism that leads to some very unfortunate conclusions.
These "conclusions",however, are much less unfortunate than the habits of thought amongst post leftists who imagine that they can misuse "big words" that they don't understand to "prove" the profundity of their desired conclusions.
Yes, I think that Wayne is wrong in his application of a private morality to "prove" that one should be in "critical support" of Islamic groups. But THIS is orders of magnitude removed from "critical support" of various things that NA "post-leftists" have advocated in the past. Do child molesters, psychotic murders such as the 'Unibomber' or people that believe that "civilization should be abolished" ,etc,etc,etc ad nauseum "really" deserve any argument besides the observation that they are weird,disgusting and insane ? These sort of things are archetypes of things that can ONLY exist in a cult that has ONLY recruiting members to the cult as a goal. So-called "intellectual" (pseudo) arguments around these matters merely demonstrate how far removed their advocates are from reality and how much they have taken a PSEUDO-MORALISTIC stance ie a private morality of "appearing to be more radical than others" as a way of governing their actions.
This pseudo-morality will be enforced in the same way as real morality is enforced, by ridicule and aggression. The pseudo-morality of the left where "critical support" is afforded to undesirable real actors in the real world actually has less of fantasy involved in it than the "critical support" afforded to much more marginal thugs by those who have unrealizable dreams.
Well, I'll continue to stand against this sort of horseshit. If anarchism becomes nothing but the emotional justification for desiring a good fight, I'll try and repell the nonsense as long as I can, and when I fail I am no longer an anarchist. As any anarchist who is sane would say.

7 comments:

Aragorn! said...

You are very cute.

mollymew said...

I actually have a teeshirt that reads,
"Sometimes I'm so cute that I make myself sick".
I am sure that Anarchy Magazine will continue its own "cuteness" vis-a-vis other anarchists just like it has in the past and then whine,whimper and complain when others respond in kind. To quote the Bible, "there's a beam in thy eye". Sorry about the mote in thine.
Perhaps you should be on notice that there are others out there who can be just as "cute" as any of your contributers, those who I am sure you will continue to publish.
Reform your own attitude before you think you can preach to others.
The way out is obvious. If you don't want "cuteness" or the sort of opposition you see here then reform the attitude of your magazine. Disavow the publication of Bob Black's little "cuteness X 100,000" in his snarcky attack on Bookchin and cease distributing such trash. Cease disseminating nonsense under the rubric of your private definition of anarchism, whether it be any of the things that I mentioned or the numerous things I didn't.
In other words stop showing off your "radicalism" like somebody pulling his pecker out at high noon in the downtown. Otherwise...expect the reaction you get. Let me say that MY reaction is much milder than the reaction of the majority of people would be to your own version of indecent exposure. It must be nice to be so insulated from reality.

Aragorn! said...

You are still quite cute. Especially when you are angry.

mollymew said...

Glad you think so, but the pecker you are exposing has open sores that ooze pus. I'll pass on this one as I believe in food hygiene. Some meats shouldn't be consumed unless they are cooked all the way through. Half baked won't do. Just like the fool in front of me who tried to come on the the clerk at the LC earlier today. You have no idea of how unattractive you are. It's beyond you.
See the latest Match for Woodworth's take on this matter.

Anonymous said...

simply stopping by to say hello

Anonymous said...

A person essentially help tto make severely articles I'd state.
That is the first time I frequented your website page and thus
far? I amazed with the research you made to make
this particular put up extraordinary. Excellent task!


Feel free to surf to my wweb page: pole dancing classes jacksonville fl

Unknown said...

l3v14c8n58 a1b31m8f89 d2y66v2u35 q7l65y7w50 q8e49c4n83 a9r18l6u38